Email Display Name not appearing on Outlook

Hello everyone. I am trying to display my sender display name in this format eg. John Doe <johndoe@gmail.com>, much like the below when i click open the email. As u can see, 'GDS GPLS' is the name, followed by the email wrapped in <...>

I have configured in my Process Model as such 

But upon receiving the email, the display name is not shown beside the email. Can anyone help me understand why? I also added 

conf.mailhandler.ntf_sndr_name in my custom.properties file but doesnt work.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Rabiah Khairy

In a former project we actually used the Custom Sender "override" functionality that you've found (it was a pain to set up in the first place but easy to use after that), and at some point I tried to change it over to the new OOB custom sender functionality and it never quite worked right.  We ended up needing to remain on the legacy implementation for that, though luckily the functionality never actually stopped working.  Appian insisted that the new OOB functionality could not be changed to match the legacy workaround because of "spoofing issues", IIRC.

Children
  • Hmm well i guess its always a tradeoff for security and usability. this feature is required by our client. It was a pain to implement it, especially the path dir has changed since the upgrade. If it hadnt been for our other project teams who went thru <18.4 version, doubt i would have gotten this figured out. Thanks for the enlightenment! Appian should look into this gap, and i'll let my client know of the potential security issue