how do i verify that an outbound integretion has finished to start another

Certified Associate Developer

i'm working on a integration  with quickbooks online and i'm working on a process that requieres me to   work on some objects. one after another and sometimes it does work but some other it doesn't and throw me this error

" You and vladimir were working on this at the same time. vladimir finished before you did, so your work was not saved."

is there a way to make to sure that that process was completed before starting another ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi

Is the integration you want to put a lock on or the complete process itself? By lock I mean only one user can access it at a time.

If it is the process there are multiple ways you can do it, one of which is marking the status of the process to active and storing that either in database or in cache using (Text cache Plugin), at the start of the process you set it to 'active' and once the process is complete at the end you can set it to 'inactive'.

At the very start, you can check the status of the process by fetching the status if it is 'inactive' proceed further, else you can provide user with a friendly interface giving information about the active process and who is using it, and skipping the complete flow.

Hope this helps

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to virat yogi

is the  complete process itself  cause i first have to create an invoice then i obtain the  id of the new invoice and i Llnk it to  an existing estimate and then i grab a sync token  from that estimate  and i link  it to the  created invoice i have to make some calls to the integration and  it seems like this errors is thrown when i haven't obtained the new token  yet but it doesn't occurs always but sometimes  

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to felixr

In this case, you can put the lock on the process model if it is active, using the method described in the above comment.

and if it is the token causing the error you can put a retry mechanism in case a new token is not generated.

Hope it helps