Tasks not showing up in Tempo

So I've been learning Appian and almost all the way through the tutorial. I had been adding Vehicles to my fleet all day yesterday and performing Actions accessed from Tempo to Approve :-)

This morning for some reason, Actions are not showing up in Tempo. Nothing has changed, I'm certain of that. I have triple checked Security settings.

In Designer switching to Monitoring tab, I see 3 processes. If I select a process it opens up Process Modeler  in "Monitor Process View". It shows Task is indeed assigned to me.

Curiously, if I open the Process Model and then click "Process Instances" in the toolbar, I do not see any instances. I would have expected to see 3 (just like I did from Designer).

How do I debug this problem? Process Instances are there....but they are not there...but they are there, and when they are there, the Input Task is assigned to me, but...where did they go? Why can't I see tasks that show they are assigned to me in Tempo?

Help!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Check if the process instances are completed. If the process has been executed successfully, it will show up on the monitoring tab of designer with green tick mark. 

Also in the process model, when you open the 'Process Instances' in the toolbar check what is selected in the "Status" dropdown. By default it shows unfinished processes.

• Thank you for your reply. Like I said, something weird started happening spontaneously. If I go to Process Modeler and try to find instances, I don't see them. From Designer on the monitoring tab I do see the Process Instances, User Input Tasks and then if I monitor any instance, it does open up in Process Modeler showing Task is Active, Assigned to me. The process is very much there an unfinished.

Again, overnight I simply saw my task links disappear from Tempo

• I'm a little unclear: are you missing Actions or Tasks? If an Action is not displaying, you should ensure that (1) it exists, (2) that the application is published, and (3) that you are logged-in as a user who has at least view privileges to the application and initiator rights to the process model. 

If you feel as though a task is missing, you should click on the Process Name link in the screenshot you provided above. This will open the process instance in monitor mode so that you can see which nodes are active/completed. Select "Process Details" and "Current Tasks" to see all of the tasks that have been activated in the process and their status, assignment, etc.

• I'm a little unclear: are you missing Actions or Tasks? If an Action is not displaying, you should ensure that (1) it exists, (2) that the application is published, and (3) that you are logged-in as a user who has at least view privileges to the application and initiator rights to the process model. 

If you feel as though a task is missing, you should click on the Process Name link in the screenshot you provided above. This will open the process instance in monitor mode so that you can see which nodes are active/completed. Select "Process Details" and "Current Tasks" to see all of the tasks that have been activated in the process and their status, assignment, etc.

Children
  • Sorry, our replies crossed. Like I explain below, I have gone past my problem. 

So again, I'm not talking about Record Action. I'm referring to Application Action. I used to start process, and as soon as it hit my User Input Task I would see Task item in tempo. Over the weekend tasks just stopped showing up. I accidently fixed it when I unpublished and published the Application. 

Like I also said, I could see my Process Instances, no errors, my Assignments...everything. Just Task items in Tempo had stopped showing up. 

If this happens again I'll try to do something different.