Analyst Certification /Credentials

Hello, I have been looking around the Appian Community site about credentials or certification applicable for Analysts (Business Analysts). However, I couldn't find any information aside from the Analyst Certification/Credential had been deprecated, and Appian now only issues credentials for 3 Appian developer levels (Level 1, 2 and 3). It appears these levels are applicable or targeted for designers/developers, not analysts.

That being said, at a minimum for analysts, which courses must be taken in order to learn and understand Appian to be able to perform the Analyst role successfully? Also, are there any form of recognition given once these courses are completed to be considered knowledgeable in Appian, if certifications/credentials are no longer offered/provided.

Thanks in advance for anyone's valuable input. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

FYI, A-score level 1 is equivalent to what they used to call "Analyst".

• Thanks Mike for the prompt response. 

Quick question though - Do you know how to achieve A-Score Level 1? Is that similar to the Level 1 credential which you need to take the 10-day Appian Developer classroom training then pass the Level 1 exam? 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to RGARCIA

As far as I know, "Level 1 credential" refers to A-score Level 1.  So anything Academy is recommending for this is probably what's needed to achieve A-score level 1 (though I haven't looked at it myself in a while).  I think the minimum requirement might just be to register for and pass the Level 1 exam, though - the class is recommended since a new person would still need some basic training before passing the exam.

• Thanks for the explanation, Mike.

I was actually thinking of taking the Level 1 exam however, when it mentioned in the "Credentials Program" page that it is recommending to take the "Appian Developer" classroom training first, I had second thoughts then since I don't see any specific courses in the Appian Community training pages tied to the Appian Developer classroom training (or there may be some courses but it may not be as comprehensive) to somehow ensure that I have enough information or knowledge to pass the Level 1 exam. Another thing is that, these developer credentials/levels seemed a bit technical for analysts, and the entirety of the Credentials Program (Level 1, 2 and 3) is targeted for developers.

At this time, I'm not sure that going through the Appian Foundations or Low Code Developer courses available in the community training site is enough to pass the Level 1 exam. 

• Thanks for the explanation, Mike.

I was actually thinking of taking the Level 1 exam however, when it mentioned in the "Credentials Program" page that it is recommending to take the "Appian Developer" classroom training first, I had second thoughts then since I don't see any specific courses in the Appian Community training pages tied to the Appian Developer classroom training (or there may be some courses but it may not be as comprehensive) to somehow ensure that I have enough information or knowledge to pass the Level 1 exam. Another thing is that, these developer credentials/levels seemed a bit technical for analysts, and the entirety of the Credentials Program (Level 1, 2 and 3) is targeted for developers.

At this time, I'm not sure that going through the Appian Foundations or Low Code Developer courses available in the community training site is enough to pass the Level 1 exam. 

Children
No Data