Navigating the code

Newbie question:

So far, the hardest thing I am finding in developing on Appian (working on an app developed by Appian resources) is finding where I am in the code. I am on a page in one browser, have the designer open in another, and despite what I do cannot find where I am, given the page that is open. I know it sounds very stupid, but is there a best practice or tricks to figure out where you are? (I have searched by expression etc and am stymied).

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It always helps to consider what I like to call your "top level design objects". Any user interface you access in Tempo or Sites must originate from either a Report, Record Type, or Process Model (both Actions and Tasks come from a process model). So you should start by looking at what you're starting from at the top level. Then, if you find the corresponding object in the Appian Designer, you can search for the Precedents of that object, which is any object that supports the top level object. You can even expand the objects to see the full tree of everything that makes up your top level design objects.

• It always helps to consider what I like to call your "top level design objects". Any user interface you access in Tempo or Sites must originate from either a Report, Record Type, or Process Model (both Actions and Tasks come from a process model). So you should start by looking at what you're starting from at the top level. Then, if you find the corresponding object in the Appian Designer, you can search for the Precedents of that object, which is any object that supports the top level object. You can even expand the objects to see the full tree of everything that makes up your top level design objects.

Children
No Data