Cancel Button Functionality

Hi ,

When you hit cancel button ,it should juss close the form .So that the task will be able to accept by others in the group rather than cancelling the entire Workflow

How to Implement this?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Are you assuming that this will be a group-assigned task, and that the user in question has opened it and clicked "Accept"?  The following suggestion assumes the answer here is "yes"...

I would suggest using some wording other than "Cancel" for this button - a button saying "Cancel" carries the strong instinctive implication that the process itself will be cancelled and/or ended.  I would word this button as "Return to Group" or something similar.  I should note here that, as far as I know, group-assigned tasks that are accepted by a user will generally have a UI-generated button at the top that allows the task to be returned to the group, though in my experience this is a little inconsistent in behavior.

If you do need to implement this manually, you would simply have the button submit the task (and save a value into a Rule Input indicating that the "return to group" button was clicked), then hit an XOR gateway that checks for this button value, and when the value matches, route the process back to the user input task again (with Activity Chaining disabled).  The original Group assignment will kick back in, and the experience to the user who originally accepted it, will be as if they just "closed" the task.

Certified Lead Developer

Are you assuming that this will be a group-assigned task, and that the user in question has opened it and clicked "Accept"?  The following suggestion assumes the answer here is "yes"...

I would suggest using some wording other than "Cancel" for this button - a button saying "Cancel" carries the strong instinctive implication that the process itself will be cancelled and/or ended.  I would word this button as "Return to Group" or something similar.  I should note here that, as far as I know, group-assigned tasks that are accepted by a user will generally have a UI-generated button at the top that allows the task to be returned to the group, though in my experience this is a little inconsistent in behavior.

If you do need to implement this manually, you would simply have the button submit the task (and save a value into a Rule Input indicating that the "return to group" button was clicked), then hit an XOR gateway that checks for this button value, and when the value matches, route the process back to the user input task again (with Activity Chaining disabled).  The original Group assignment will kick back in, and the experience to the user who originally accepted it, will be as if they just "closed" the task.

Children