what is it mean for display name is not dynamic?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hello!

Appian is providing this notice, because it is best practice to provide "Process Display Names" a unique identifier. This is so when you are monitoring your process, especially in production environment,  you are able to identify and analyze which process your process more effectively and efficiently.

Now, in order to do this, you must open your process model, and view your Process Model Properties. There are 2 ways to go about doing this:

1. Click "File" > "Properties"

2. From the PM task bar, select the "Properties" icon, which is adjacent to the zoom (magnifying lens icon).

Once you have opened this window, you will notice, in the 'Genera' tab, that there is a "Process Model Name" and a "Process Display Name". These two should be the same for your process, due to the fact that Appian is giving you this "is not dynamic" notice. The process display name can be changed through an expression (there can be utility rules that create unique names based on input parameters), or you can modify the name to be unique within that expression editor.

Ex: "My Process Model - Submission Id: " & pv!Id 

This would display in your monitoring tab after it's been executed, and your pv!Id (for this examples is 21) would show:

My Process Model - Submission Id: 21

Therefore, now you have made your process display name dynamic, because it will be unique for every different instantiation of a different "Submission Id". 

Certified Lead Developer

Hello!

Appian is providing this notice, because it is best practice to provide "Process Display Names" a unique identifier. This is so when you are monitoring your process, especially in production environment,  you are able to identify and analyze which process your process more effectively and efficiently.

Now, in order to do this, you must open your process model, and view your Process Model Properties. There are 2 ways to go about doing this:

1. Click "File" > "Properties"

2. From the PM task bar, select the "Properties" icon, which is adjacent to the zoom (magnifying lens icon).

Once you have opened this window, you will notice, in the 'Genera' tab, that there is a "Process Model Name" and a "Process Display Name". These two should be the same for your process, due to the fact that Appian is giving you this "is not dynamic" notice. The process display name can be changed through an expression (there can be utility rules that create unique names based on input parameters), or you can modify the name to be unique within that expression editor.

Ex: "My Process Model - Submission Id: " & pv!Id 

This would display in your monitoring tab after it's been executed, and your pv!Id (for this examples is 21) would show:

My Process Model - Submission Id: 21

Therefore, now you have made your process display name dynamic, because it will be unique for every different instantiation of a different "Submission Id". 

Children
No Data