How to provide rejection reason when HR want to reject candidate Application

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All,

I have created a HR dashboard where a HR can pick any application in read only mode after that HR can Select and Reject candidate.

so in this when i am creating a related action for Select and reject so i can easily able to create a process model for HR to select candidate application but I am stuck at reject point because I need to give rejection reason to the applicant when they are going to reject by HR,

Below is the process model which i have created so anyone can help me for giving Rejection reasons to the applicant while rejecting and also tell me, When i will reject the candidate so rejected applications will be store in cloud Databases or it will delete the Candidate's applications from database.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello ! you can store the values of the dropdown box as a rule input (ri!selection) and then in a sectionLayout you can spectify the reason and then save on clicking the button (in sectionLayout specify the condition- showWhen: ri!selection="Reject" this will show the section layout only when the value in dropdown box is reject. Then you can create the process model and map the process variables and use write to dse service, your data will be saved to the database as reject.

a!sectionLayout(
      contents:{
        a!dropdownField(
          placeholder:"Choose application ",
          choiceLabels: {"Reject","Select"},
          choiceValues: {"Reject","Select"},
          value:ri!selection,
          saveInto: ri!selection
        ),
       a!sectionLayout(
         contents:{
           a!paragraphField(
             label:"Reason",
             instructions: "Add reason for application rejection",
             required: true,
             value:ri!reason,
             saveInto: ri!reason
           ),
           a!buttonLayout(
             primaryButtons: {
               a!buttonWidget(
                 label: "SAVE",
                 value: "SAVE",
                 saveInto: ri!buttonAction,
                 submit: true,
                 style: "PRIMARY"
               )
             },
             secondaryButtons: {
               a!buttonWidget(
                 label: "CANCEL",
                 value: "CANCEL",
                 saveInto: ri!buttonAction,
                 submit: true,
                 style: "NORMAL"
               )
             }
           )
         },
         showWhen: ri!selection="Reject"
       ) 
      }
    )

I've used 3 rule inputs : ri!selection(for dropdown selection),   ri!reason(reason for rejection), ri!button(save values for button).

• Hi vibhutig004

can you please explain how to create process model in related action for this above code

If you just want to let the candidate to know the status of Application, you can always use "send email smart service". But you have to capture candidate email ID.

As for the 2nd query, about the data being deleted or stored, it totally depends on which activity you're using to interact with DB. In this case you're using a simple Write to DSE, so I presume it would just store the data

in reply to sandeep kadiveti

We have to send proper reason to  candidate's after rejecting them .So what method needs to apply for it

If rejected, mail should get triggered to user informing about the rejection along with Rejection Reason

in reply to madhup0003

As I've said, you can use send email smart service which is in process model -> Appian smart service -> communication-> send email. There you can configure the from, to, subject, body( direct text or an HTML template) and trigger this activity upon rejection. You can create a gateway which has rejection path and approval path as output!! this mail smart service would be in rejection path! 

coming to giving a proper reason. there's an "insert expression" feature for the body of the mail, there you can insert the process variable which captured the rejection reason.

• You need to create a process model with the interface you're using for selection, then map the rule inputs as process variables. After, the start node use a XOR with condition: pv!selection="Reject" go to Write to DSE, with the variable configuring it, the use the send email smart service configuring it with from: process initiatior, to: the interviewee name or (emailid), add the subject:, then in message body in expression mode write the message & pv!reason and then the end node. In similar way you can do the required for the selection as Select.