How to provide rejection reason when HR want to reject candidate Application

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All,

I have created a HR dashboard where a HR can pick any application in read only mode after that HR can Select and Reject candidate.

so in this when i am creating a related action for Select and reject so i can easily able to create a process model for HR to select candidate application but I am stuck at reject point because I need to give rejection reason to the applicant when they are going to reject by HR,

Below is the process model which i have created so anyone can help me for giving Rejection reasons to the applicant while rejecting and also tell me, When i will reject the candidate so rejected applications will be store in cloud Databases or it will delete the Candidate's applications from database.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to madhup0003

As I've said, you can use send email smart service which is in process model -> Appian smart service -> communication-> send email. There you can configure the from, to, subject, body( direct text or an HTML template) and trigger this activity upon rejection. You can create a gateway which has rejection path and approval path as output!! this mail smart service would be in rejection path! 

coming to giving a proper reason. there's an "insert expression" feature for the body of the mail, there you can insert the process variable which captured the rejection reason.