Difference Between datastore , datatype and recordtype

Hi,everyone....

I'm new to appian .
I'm little bit confuse between datastore , datatype and recordtype.
If someone know about those difference please explain details.

my understand is like this...it's right or not?
・Datatype is a format of table to create a database.
・Datastore is a database and
・Recordtype is common actions for users who will directly interact with data using recordtypes
(eg.users can be directly added to data using record type and can be referenced in other interfaces and processes.)

Thanks a lot.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Ok (deep breath)...here goes:

• a datatype simply conveys a "type" to the data. There are primitive data types (e.g. Text, Integer, Boolean). And there are complex types (e.g. Address) which can be assembled from a combination of primitive and complex types. Note that a complex datatype does not have to be used to map to a database table or view (i.e. you can use complex datatypes in you application that do not map to a database or view) but that is the most common use case
    • a datastore is a "connection" to a database. You use it to host the complex datatypes that you want to map to your database entities (tables, views). A datastore is usually associated with a specific Appian application, and you can have different datastores connecting/mapping to the same database
    • a Recordtype is an Appian object type used to surface special instances of data that you want to conduct processing against. a Recordtype can be mapped to a database entity (so called "entity-backed") or to a rule that returns some data (so called "service-backed" as is often used to connect to a web-service) or to some in-flight instances of processes in Appian (so called "process-backed"). The key thing about Records are that they represent key data entities that you want to expose to end-users and which can be searched for, opened up to view, and to run processing against.
  • Im still not really understanding. Could you please provide examples. I am new to appian as well. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to christopherk6012

Do you have any specific questions? This conversation describes it pretty well.

Reply Children
No Data