I have error in process model please solve my error

when i debugging my process model and I want to view my form 

but I found this error

An Error Has Occurred The task status null is invalid.

Please solve my error ASAP.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Sunil, is it possible for you to share the screenshot of the issue here?

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Sunil,

Couple of things here, check the following

• Check if the task is assigned to a at least single user or group. In case if form is not assigned to any user you may not able to see that form. If that is the case reassign the form to a user or group based on your requirement
    • In case if any exception happen during the process, the process will show similar issues and the process won't you to do any new action. To fix this issue go to monitoring view an d find the process instance that have this issue, then select the checkbox available next to process instance. After you select some options are enable at top of the page from there click resume process

Hope this will help

• Thanks to reach out 

but I solve the problem

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sunilc0004

Mind sharing what the issue and solution was?  I'm currently having this problem with a stuck process instance that we need to get the task reactivated for, and it keeps throwing this error (despite various attempts to cancel/restart, pause/resume, etc).

• Mind sharing what the issue and solution was?  I'm currently having this problem with a stuck process instance that we need to get the task reactivated for, and it keeps throwing this error (despite various attempts to cancel/restart, pause/resume, etc).

Are any of the user accounts (initiator or assignee particularly) deactivated?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Chris
    Are any of the user accounts (initiator or assignee particularly) deactivated?

I actually figured it out a few minutes ago, and you're pretty close.  Specifically, the task was being assigned by-expression in such a way that it resolved to the user's *old* text-based username, a username that no longer exists (i.e. the account's username had previously been changed, but the instance in question still had an old version of the username stored in a CDT).

The funny part is that the task instance apparently launched without error but then refused to open, and refused to let me even manually reassign it to someone else.  Even for brand new task instance(s) i attempted to launch (before correcting the node assignment value by editing the instance).  This seems like a potential Appian bug to me.

• I actually figured it out a few minutes ago, and you're pretty close.  Specifically, the task was being assigned by-expression in such a way that it resolved to the user's *old* text-based username, a username that no longer exists (i.e. the account's username had previously been changed, but the instance in question still had an old version of the username stored in a CDT).

The funny part is that the task instance apparently launched without error but then refused to open, and refused to let me even manually reassign it to someone else.  Even for brand new task instance(s) i attempted to launch (before correcting the node assignment value by editing the instance).  This seems like a potential Appian bug to me.

We see a decent amount of turnover here between contracts and 30k employees in general, deactivated accounts / old usernames are the bane of my existence.  In some scenarios lately, everything looks fine but when I or process admins (Manager role) open a task assigned to an old account, we get a 403 error (even system admins) and reassignment has to be done via /monitor mode.

When initiator accounts are deactivated and the process is still running, any escalations will nuke the whole process.  So, we either have to reactivate the old account, or edit each process instance and remove all user input task escalations.  PITA!

And yes, the tasks seem to have no issue being assigned to bad accounts (or no accounts!), until opened!

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Chris
    So, we either have to reactivate the old account

My trick for this specific scenario has been to reactivate the account, rename it with a surname of "service account", and add it to the service accounts user group.  then occasionally i'll comb back through that group and check to see if any of those accounts are no longer needed (i.e. any active instances have gone away).  Eventually i'll probably develop a tool to find active instances for a user, but it hasn't become that big of an issue quite yet.