Appian Associate Developer exam quieres

I'd like to start by saying that I'm absolutely new to this, I was a Film & Television graduate and I'm looking to retrain and learn to use Appian and open up my options for more career choices (you can only imagine the state of trying to get into a Film & Television career). I was a very hands on and practical person at school and University but when it came to exams I rarely did well to which I've learned later on in life is related to ADHD which I am currently going through a diagnosis for after all these years. all my best work was theory papers and practical work and the exam at the end of the 80 hour course is really very daunting to me, I can read very well but it takes me multiple times to concentrate on sentences and take it all in, I'm worried I'll go through all the training and hard work just to flunk it in the exam due to the anxiety, pressure and necessity to take my time.

So my queries were, is there anyone else who is in a similar situation that has passed the exam and working with Appian in their career?

Is the exam heavily text based will I need to be doing a lot of writing in short amounts of time? 

Is there any further help for people who can definitely get things done with all the hard work but need to take it a little slower to get there?

Thank you, I hope this is appropriate to post and I still look forward to learning to use Appian.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Last I checked, the Associate Developer exam is multiple-choice, relatively short, and directly tests your knowledge of high-level Appian concepts, and IMHO should be fairly easy to complete for anyone who's completed the introductory levels of Appian's online training (and especially if you've gotten far enough in that you know and understand how to build basic applications with basic processes and interfaces).

Welcome to the community - we're always glad to help, especially when people have well-phrased questions (especially when they've done the initial legwork themselves, and have gotten stuck on a particular point they can enumerate, and we can definitely tell, lol).

• Thank you, I really appreciate the reply. I'm going to continue on with the courses without the looming thought of an exam at the end of it and just take my time to get there, not being embarrassed to seek help when needed. 

Reply Children