Rule Input values not showing

Hi All, I am working on exercise 9 and created the AX Request Maintenance and the AX Approval Maintenance interfaces. However when I selected the Rule inputs for Vehicle and try to use the CDT as told, I am receiving this error below. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue? Thanks, in advance:

Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs. Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error at function a!integerField [line 7]: Invalid index type: Record field uuid: f48e7efd-5408-4a81-9687-5588f9f8f579 Record type uuid: 410c5827-d581-4582-a7dc-29b20befc989 Relationship path: null.

The values does not show up in the Process Model Process Start Form rule input.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks for repliying.

The issue is: I created the AX_RequestMaintenance interface, duplicated the AX_ApproveMaintence interface, both have the rule input of Name vehicle and Type AX_Vehicle. I then proceeded to create the next step, which is the Process Model AX_RequestMaintenance and when I go to Process Model Properties to create the "Process Start Form" properties, selected AX_RequestMaintenance and select Yes to create the Process Parameters, I don't see the vehicle value in the dropdown. and instead receive this error below; screen shot provided - How can I fix this so that I can get the value "vehicle to display like the maintenance is displaying?"

Unable to create one or more variables

• vehicle (AX Vehicle is not supported). 
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to johnc6133

Seems like you selected the record type instead of the CDT type. As of now, Appian does not support to store record typed data into process variables.

• +1
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

As Mentioned by Stefan, You have to create a CDT and have to passed that CDT instead of the record type. Basically, you are trying to send out the vehicle data(which you received from record) from the process start form. So please cast it into CDT type and then sent it to Process model. Hope it will work.

• Thanks both of you for your help, I was not able to change the values through the component navigation, so I opened the expression editor  and change the vehicle types to reflect the CDT values and it worked. So anyone that has this issue should go to the Expression editor in the interface and update the values there; problem solved!