Auto Submit Form

Certified Associate Developer

I have one interface with few questions on it, i want to set the timer as if user not completing this form in particular time period  it will get auto submitted or else he can attempt all the questions and submit the form in time on clicking submit button.

or without clicking on submit button how can we submit the form after particular time.

Thanks in Advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can use the exception time on that node but just to make it clear, it won't have any visual impact for the user who has that form open on his screen until an action has been taken. 

You can configure the UIT to auto submit using exceptions and when the user attempts to submit it, they will see an error - "Task already submitted" 

Also, with this approach, I don't think you will be able to extract any data from the interface while the user in middle of filling it. 

• Agree you won't be able to extract any info from the interface when the exception fires before user submission (and that the UX is clunky at best if they have the task open).  All I generally do here (typically for orphaned requests after some time), is log the timestamp and something like "*** System Timeout ***" in relevant data points for reporting, and kill the process. 

Reply Children
No Data