appian send email for user input task. How i resist submitted task appian email

appian send email for user input task. How i resist submitted task  appian email....

After task submit, this message come. I dont want below message in email . How I resist it .

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• That task email was sent at the time of task creation and not after the task was submitted. Since you have already submitted the task, the link from email will redirect you to this page only which says Task has already been submitted.

If your ask is to stop these auto emails on task creation then you can configure this in Assignment tab of UIT by unchecking the highlighted checkbox.

Certified Lead Developer

Hi! This is actually a pretty simple issue that's occurring, and I am more than happy to help clarify.

So, when the task notification is sent out, the task is currently active and unassigned. This means that no one has yet completed and submitted the task.

The issue that you are having here is that you are opening the task from the notification email after someone has submitted it.

This means that you have one of two things going on:

1) You (or someone else) is completing the task before you can get in and open it from the notification. You can resolve this by checking who completed it last and asking them to not do so while you are testing, or by not submitting it yourself before opening the task from the email.

2) The process is designed in such a way that it ends before you could possibly open the notification email. As it seems that this notification comes from a User Input Task node, this is unlikely (but it is possible). You can fix this by redesigning the process so that does not happen, or by simply not sending out the notification.

Alternatively, and this very unlikely, but it could be possible that you are creating this notification manually and have incorrectly set the task link to a different task than the one you meant. This is only the case if you are certain that the task is still active (and has not yet been submitted), but you cannot open it from the task link in the email regardless.

Finally, I'm more than happy to keep helping you troubleshoot! First, just look into some of these items, and then feel free to get back to me with any complications!

• 1. I want to show only email of  non submitted task 

2. Dont want to show "Task has already been submitted " emails .How i stop this particular email

• 1. I want to show only email of  non submitted task 

2. Dont want to show "Task has already been submitted " emails .How i stop this particular email

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shifa

This is not how the emails work.

The email is sent to the assignee(s) when the task is first generated.  Every assignee (with a valid email address) will receive the email.

If someone accepts the task and completes it, then anyone else who opens the link in the email after that, will see "the task is already submitted" message.  This is expected behavior.  There's nothing that can change this, other than user education (so they understand why this might happen and why it's not necessarily a big deal).

"Task has already been submitted " emails .

Per what I've described above, I hope you might now understand that there is no such thing as a "task has already been submitted email".

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shifa

The email is being sent when the task is created and if the email receiver tries to open the task after it is completed by other users, he/she will see the pink error.  There is no way to recall the email after the task is completed.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to shifa

How is it even possible to not send the email which has already been sent? As I told you, the emails are sent just after the tasks are assigned.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shifa

The issue here is that the emails are only being sent for tasks that were not submitted. In this case, you managed to submit the task after the email was sent. So when you open the task, this screen displays as you had already completed it.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Nicole Walter

Hi Nicole - just out of curiosity, can you clarify what you're hoping to help by downvoting other (correct) answers in this thread?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

People aren't being too nice to someone who is clearly an Appian newcomer, but I reverted my votes in the interest of staying friendly with other answerers.