Understand how Appian Handles Decisioning Concepts

Certified Lead Developer

Hi team,

I have a flow where in which I have to create a offer or Coupon to a set of customers who have that eligibility.

Example:

In Swiggy or Zomato (Food Delivery App) , Some coupons like Welcome or Save60 offers are Available for New customers.

but if the customer  who frequently make orders should get some different Offers so for that 

1. I  have to make a dataset of customers who make orders frequently.

2. create some different offers for those dataset.

3.enable that offers in some channel.

This is how I did when I Implemented with different BPM tool those are done by Decisioning capabilities of that Tool.

Now iam trying these same flow in Appian . Can i get any help in understanding  how these are done in appian as  I am new to this , I couldn't able to get any decisioning Rules other than Decision (Table).

I want to know how datasets & Channels are configured and how offers are created.

Mainly I have to understand how Appian Helps in Solving Decisioning Concepts like in above case.

Thank you,

J Vinay

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

In general, simple decisions can be made using decision tables. More complex ones use expressions.

While I miss some details in your explanation, a design could be to use an expression to fetch the data from DB. Then use a foreach to feed each into a decision table. Next, take the result and create Coupon Record items as required. Call these expression in a process model to store the data back to the DB.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Hi Stefan,

thanks for response ,

Basically our question here not about creating decision tables or expression. we would like to understand how does we handle NBA(Next Best Action) or NBO(Next Best offer) to customer in Appian BPM tool.

As BPM developer, i had worked other BPM tool where it does have the separate developer studio to configure NBA/NBO and its associated configurations. Now i would like to do the similar implementation in Appian too

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Hi Stefan,

thanks for response ,

Basically our question here not about creating decision tables or expression. we would like to understand how does we handle NBA(Next Best Action) or NBO(Next Best offer) to customer in Appian BPM tool.

As BPM developer, i had worked other BPM tool where it does have the separate developer studio to configure NBA/NBO and its associated configurations. Now i would like to do the similar implementation in Appian too

Children