Smart services In process model

Hi All,

Kindly help me I want to use Email in the process model . Like example I am using any smart service (like write to data store entity) then this nodes fails . if the node fails than I want to send email through using email service in the process rather than the group alert or any name mention in alert.

And How to configure it?

Thanks 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to jojog0003

I don't think it's even possible for it to take 10-15 mins to complete (atleast in a real life use case). Nevertheless, I mentioned "threshold time limit set by us in the timer delay" so you can add the timer delay to a maximum possible limit appropriable, not compulsory to use 30s only (30s timer delay was for humans using this node not for some alien).

• Hi Sanchit

This was just a sample case, the actual requirement is we are using call integration smart service which have been configured to maximum timeout of 300sec in place of write2DSE, and in place of send email we have to call another integration which will create a ticket on third party system with the reason behind why integration call failed in first path. 
    We have configured the retry mechanism that retries 3 times if integration result is not success which sometime takes more than 12-15mins to move to next node.

• Hi Stefan,

We have a similar use case but with some differences as we are using call integration smart service which have been configured to maximum timeout of 300sec in place of write2DSE, and in place of send email we have to call another integration which will create a ticket on third party system with the reason behind why integration call failed in first path. 
    We have configured the retry mechanism that retries 3 times if integration result is not success which sometime takes more than 12-15mins to move to next node.

And another use case is we are purging data which have been created more than 7 years back with query database smart service and in the same way if the purging gets failed, inspite of triggering mail we want to call integration to create a case/ticket at reporting system.

Thanks,

Gaurav Singh

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to GauravSingh

Can't this be done with the help of an XOR gateway which checks if success returned is false, then call another integration?

• For integration yes, but when its some smart service like queryDatabase or exportDSE2Entity or any other, I don't think so.

The only way I see possible is by getting the Process status and defining a flag based on the status but not able to get that status itself.