Redirect Intial Interface

Hello

I need advice .As my requirement after registered data to database and redirect register form.

below is my process model flow.

which flow is better and good for redirect interface.

Is there any other method other than the Flow I implemented?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

What are you trying to accomplish?  When you say "redirect interface" what do you mean exactly?

•  

My requirement is after registered data i need to display register form again . if there is no user action  terminate the process model .

redirect interface means (plz reference screen shot)

I'm  worried about a flow that calls the same process model again in a subprocess is a good idea.

Is there no other way to redirect initial interface?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to spykid
    after registered data i need to display register form again

Can you add any more detail about what the purpose is for displaying the register form again?  Are you allowing the original entered data to be changed (and saved over) or a purely new entry to be added?  Is the same user going to need to add several consecutive entries for instance?

The most common way would be to loop back to the initial task (chained, the user won't know much difference).  Be sure you provide the user a way of clicking "finished" or "close" or something like that when they have no additional entries to add (train them to not just "navigate away" if possible, though it's good to handle that case since some users inevitably will). 

The "call the same subprocess again" approach can *also* work, and has advantages and disadvantages.  The advantage is that the subprocess could potentially be updated to a new version even while the user is on the original task.  The drawback is that it's a bit more confusing to edit and to troubleshoot later.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to spykid

Ultimately, the best approach depends on your specific needs. However, for your scenario of simply re-displaying the register form after data is saved, chaining with a timeout offers a simpler, more efficient, and less error-prone solution.

If you plan to reuse the register form logic in other processes, then a subprocess becomes the better choice due to its reusability.

•  

Thank you for your answer.

Purpose is for displaying the register form again is the same user going to need to add serveral  time(3 or 4 times)need to register the data. 

Are you allowing the original entered data to be changed (and saved over) or a purely new entry to be added? 

allowing the purely new entry to be added data.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to spykid

ok then, i'll say either method will work, and either way will give you sufficient results. 

one trick I recommend (in case you haven't thought of it) is to add a counter to the process that increments every time the loop is executed (or every time the subprocess is initiated from the original parent), and pass that into the form so your interface can have some insight into what the user has already done (like you might want the buttons to be slightly different after the initial iteration, for example). 

but apart from this i think you're on the right track and it'll really be for you to decide which one you prefer, perhaps after some experimentation and testing on your part.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to spykid

ok then, i'll say either method will work, and either way will give you sufficient results. 

one trick I recommend (in case you haven't thought of it) is to add a counter to the process that increments every time the loop is executed (or every time the subprocess is initiated from the original parent), and pass that into the form so your interface can have some insight into what the user has already done (like you might want the buttons to be slightly different after the initial iteration, for example). 

but apart from this i think you're on the right track and it'll really be for you to decide which one you prefer, perhaps after some experimentation and testing on your part.

Children
No Data