I am currently using "Read Excel Spreadsheet to CDT" Plug-in to read v

I am currently using "Read Excel Spreadsheet to CDT" Plug-in to read values from Excel. However, when I have a row in excel that needs to be read in as text and the field is defined as text in the cdt, the plug-in formats the data using a numerical protocol when the data is read in. Meaning if you have data in a cell as 456000000, it will not appear this way when its read in, even though everything is defined as text. It will instead read in 4.56e8, which is a problem when you get rounding and the values become distorted. This happens for columns with mixed data as well. I was wondering if there is a way to get the plug-in to read the data as it is stored in excel, without distortion, and without making any changes the excel file like putting ' before the data....

OriginalPostID-75135

OriginalPostID-75135

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If you can attach your Excel spreadsheet, and an export of the CDT you're using (either XSD or an application) to the discussion thread for this component: forum.appian.com/.../6169 then I can take a look.
    In general, though, this component isn't meant to work with columns that are "mixed-type" because a major assumption of the Table --> CDT conversion is that each Excel row is the same data type.
    Also, you mentioned in your original post that you don't want to make any changes to the Excel file -- does this still hold? Because if the component doesn't work as-is with your file, it's a lot easier to change your Excel formatting than to guarantee a plugin that will work with all types of data and formats.
  • If you can attach your Excel spreadsheet, and an export of the CDT you're using (either XSD or an application) to the discussion thread for this component: forum.appian.com/.../6169 then I can take a look.
    In general, though, this component isn't meant to work with columns that are "mixed-type" because a major assumption of the Table --> CDT conversion is that each Excel row is the same data type.
    Also, you mentioned in your original post that you don't want to make any changes to the Excel file -- does this still hold? Because if the component doesn't work as-is with your file, it's a lot easier to change your Excel formatting than to guarantee a plugin that will work with all types of data and formats.
Children
No Data