Clearing older versions

Is there a way to clear older versions of Appian objects? I believe it has an performance impact on the system as the versions of an object keeps growing larger. I would like to only keep the last 5 to 10 versions at most and delete all others from the system. I would really appreciate if any body could point me to a plugin or a method to do this. Since, we have 10 of thousands of objects, manual cleaning is not possible.

OriginalPostID-272848

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If you need to keep certain versions the safest way to go is:

1. In NON-PROD Use the Delete PM smart service (you need to install Process Model utilities plug-in)
    2. For other type of objects load their versions view and bulk-select the ones you want to delete.

Models do not use that much memory. The main problem is only about constants, in my experience.

For constants I recommend

1. Download and install the latest version of Content Details by UUID.
    2. Import attached 5700. RuleConstant Version Analysis.zip into your environment. This app was built in Appian 7.8 and will work in Appian 7.8 and later.
    3. Run the Analyze Rule and Constant Versions action in the Rule/Constant Version Analysis application.
    4. Under Constant or Rule, select Constant.
    5. Under Minimum Number of Versions, select 100.
    6. Analyze the CSV file provided at the end of the action.
    7. Take the necessary actions as explained earlier

5700.RuleConstant Version Analysis.zip

• If you need to keep certain versions the safest way to go is:

1. In NON-PROD Use the Delete PM smart service (you need to install Process Model utilities plug-in)
    2. For other type of objects load their versions view and bulk-select the ones you want to delete.

Models do not use that much memory. The main problem is only about constants, in my experience.

For constants I recommend

1. Download and install the latest version of Content Details by UUID.
    2. Import attached 5700. RuleConstant Version Analysis.zip into your environment. This app was built in Appian 7.8 and will work in Appian 7.8 and later.
    3. Run the Analyze Rule and Constant Versions action in the Rule/Constant Version Analysis application.
    4. Under Constant or Rule, select Constant.
    5. Under Minimum Number of Versions, select 100.
    6. Analyze the CSV file provided at the end of the action.
    7. Take the necessary actions as explained earlier

5700.RuleConstant Version Analysis.zip

Children
No Data