Dynamic Document Generation: PDF from DOCX - Unsatisfactory Font conversion

Hi,

We are using the Dynamic Document Generation plugin (version 1.5.1) to convert a DOCX to a PDF, but have noticed that the font is not being carried over as part of the conversion. The resultant PDF uses Times New Roman for the font, rather than using the same font as the source DOCX file (which is Arial).

Digging a bit further into the plugin, I see that it uses Apache FOP 2.1 - which has some documentation on Font conversion: https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/2.1/fonts.html

When FOP does not have a specific font at its disposal (because it's not installed in the operating system or set up in FOP's configuration), the font is replaced with "any". "any" is internally mapped to the Base-14 font "Times"

Can missing fonts be installed onto an Appian Cloud server?

Does the plugin allow another font mapping to be specified?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,
    Even i am not able to work upon some solution by using DOCX as my base template to get desired PDF. As of now i don't think so there is any solution to get desired font by using a DOCX template. OS, you'll either have to consider "PDF from XSLFO" smart service or you should explain the client that you would not be able to change the font in PDF if you start with a DOCX Template.
  • Hi,
    Even i am not able to work upon some solution by using DOCX as my base template to get desired PDF. As of now i don't think so there is any solution to get desired font by using a DOCX template. OS, you'll either have to consider "PDF from XSLFO" smart service or you should explain the client that you would not be able to change the font in PDF if you start with a DOCX Template.
Children
No Data