Documentation or Tutorial on How to use AI Machine Learning Plugin

Hi Guys,

We've just installed AI Machine Learning Plugin in our instance. Is there a documentation on how to use this Plugin?

Also if there's a quick recipe or tutorial on how to use it is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• 0. Download and install the AI plug-in. 

1. Then, the first thing you need to set up is an account with AWS Machine Learning, following the tutorial there and knowing how to create the machine learning model.

2. Next, you will need to go to the AWS IAM (Identity and Access Management) console and create Users with permissions to access S3 and MachineLearning. When you do create them, the user name, access key id, and secret key will be provided. These will need to be stored later in the Appian Third Party Credentials section.

3. Go back to Appian -> Appian Administration Console -> Third Party Credentials -> Create

4. Add 4 fields  = "username", "password", "accesskey", "secretkey" and enter their corresponding values that IAM provided.

5. In the "Plug Ins List" section, find and add "Appian AI".

6. In my case, the key created was "aws.machine.learning". 

7. The AI plug-in gives you:

Functions: AwsGetAvailableS3Buckets, AwsGetBatchPredictionMetadata, AwsGetMlModelMetadata, AwsGetMlRealtimePrediction, AwsGetTrainingDataSchema, GetAwsHeaders

Function Categories: Artificial Intelligence

Smart Services: Create Batch Prediction, Create ML Realtime Endpoint, Delete ML Model, Get Batch Prediction Results, Upload CSV and Build ML Model

Data Types: AML Data Types

8. For the Smart Services and Functions, you will need to pass the scsExternalSystemKey (text) as a parameter - this is the "aws.machine.learning" key from above. Another thing you will need to pass is usePerUserCredentials (boolean) which I set to False. Doing this, I'm able to get a successful response, no error messages. When I set it to True is doesn't work for some reason.

• Hello there!

There has been an issue with the Shared Component on the Community and it doesn't include all required files. I've submitted a ticket and this should be fixed soon. In the mean time, here's what you need to do:
    1. Login to Appian 17.2 or later as an admin user to the admin console.
    2. Go to the plugins section. Click on Deploy New Plugins
    3. Search for the Appian AI plugin and deploy it.
    4. Next we import the settings and app. Click the Import button in the upper right corner.
    5. Upload the AML Admin Console Settings - Release 1.0.0 file
    6. Check the box "Import related application or patch" and upload the Appian Machine Learning 17.2 - Release 1.0.1
      1. I also attached the 17.1 version if needed. This one doesn't include some functionality, but you can still create models and make realtime predictions.
    7. Click Import
    8. Go to the 3rd party credentials section and populate your AWS credentials. 
      1. NOTE: The credentials used must have full access to AWS Machine Learning and AWS S3
      2. Test the credentials in the console to ensure they work
    9. Go to the Appian Designer and click in the newly created Appian Machine Learning app
    10. Filter objects by Data Store and Click on AML Machine Learning Models Data Store
    11. Verify and publish the DS to ensure all tables are created
    12. Navigate to the site and start using it: https://<your.server>/suite/sites/aml
    Once the app is deployed, you'll be able to make prediction with some of the included rules in the app, once the amazon.aws Secure Credential store is setup. That should already have the right keys, all you need is to enter your values. Once setup, test it, you should be good.

For example, to make a realtime prediction you only need the following: (just an example)

rule!AML_getRealtimePrediction(
      mlModelId: "yourModelId",
      attributeNames: {"age","gender","marital"},
      attributeValues: {"28","male","single"}
    )

• Keep in mind that you do not need to create a separate key for amazon like ronp0001 suggests. That will not work. You need to use the one in the admin settings I attached.

Once that is setup, some plugins require you to use the scs key, which in this case is "amazon.aws". Also, the app includes a complete example, and you can see how it is configured for more details.