Deploying Plugins in Appian

Can we deploy custom plugins to Appian system(Not in the instance) directly to include them as an out-of-box feature?

Or only the Appian people can do?

Thanks,

Santosh.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I'm not completely sure I'm understanding the question correctly, but only Appian can add out-of-the-box features. Plugins are meant to extend the platform to do things that aren't available out of the box. Having said that, plugins aren't limited to a single environment, thus effectively giving you the same functionality across multiple environments.

Lastly, it is possible to do some customizations to the platform (if you're on premise, not in the cloud), but these have to be done carefully.
  • I'm not completely sure I'm understanding the question correctly, but only Appian can add out-of-the-box features. Plugins are meant to extend the platform to do things that aren't available out of the box. Having said that, plugins aren't limited to a single environment, thus effectively giving you the same functionality across multiple environments.

Lastly, it is possible to do some customizations to the platform (if you're on premise, not in the cloud), but these have to be done carefully.
Children