Appian Excel Tools plug-in not returning data

I'm using the Appian Excel Tools plug-in to extract information from a spreadsheet. I have the plug-in and have added a Parse Excel to CDT node. What I see when I run the process model is that the user interface passes a document to the Parse Excel to CDT node, which then returns an errorOccurred value of False, but never returns any data from the spreadsheet. Is there a way that I cab try to get some data from this node?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In addition to having same field names in excel sheet as well as cdt verify these as well:
    1. All the input parameters should have values even if they are not marked as required (because I have seen cases when I didn't receive data until I gave input to all the fields)
    2. Cdt input requires only the type of cdt so in the input tab's cdt field provide the cdt as value and leave the save into field as blank. And in the output tab provide the cdt as target of returned CDT.
    3. Recheck that the cdt is configured to hold multiple values.
    Hope it helps.
  • In addition to having same field names in excel sheet as well as cdt verify these as well:
    1. All the input parameters should have values even if they are not marked as required (because I have seen cases when I didn't receive data until I gave input to all the fields)
    2. Cdt input requires only the type of cdt so in the input tab's cdt field provide the cdt as value and leave the save into field as blank. And in the output tab provide the cdt as target of returned CDT.
    3. Recheck that the cdt is configured to hold multiple values.
    Hope it helps.
Children