Export data to excel from a downloadable data subset without a process model

Hello,

Is it possible to Export data to excel from a downloadable data subset without using a process model.

Something like converting downloadable data subset to a document format by casting datasubset to a document and giving it in a documentLink.

I'm using cloud version of appian.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Using out-of-the-box document generation features, you could have a button such as "Generate Export" that would trigger a process to create the Excel document. That process would save the generated document in a folder so that you can use a!documentDownloadLink() on the SAIL form for the user. This requires two clicks by the user, one to generate and one to download.

If you'd like everything to happen on one click then I would recommend the Excel Tools plugin, available in Shared Components. It has a function called "getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromprocess" that allows you to generate & download the document in one click. It uses a process but only behind the scenes.

• Using out-of-the-box document generation features, you could have a button such as "Generate Export" that would trigger a process to create the Excel document. That process would save the generated document in a folder so that you can use a!documentDownloadLink() on the SAIL form for the user. This requires two clicks by the user, one to generate and one to download.

If you'd like everything to happen on one click then I would recommend the Excel Tools plugin, available in Shared Components. It has a function called "getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromprocess" that allows you to generate & download the document in one click. It uses a process but only behind the scenes.

Children
No Data