how to word wrap for a particular cell in excel

Hello,

I'm using excel plugin to download a report.

I'm having one column which holds around 500 characters.

Actually it is not wrapping inside the cell and it is not appearing in print also.

can you guide me as how to wrap text inside the cell.

Thanks,

Seenivasgan 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• What excel plugin are you using for this? Does it rely on excel template to populate data? If so, you can try applying wrapping format for that column inside the template and use this template in the plugin...
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to GouthamKrishna
    Agreed with , Most Document creation smart services I have seen use a template, which you can use as your formatting template, setting Cells to Word Wrap, setting Heights and Widths, Fonts, etc.

I've noticed odd behavior with templates before, however. Using the Export SQL to Excel Smart service of the Excel Tools shared component, forum.appian.com/.../summary , I have noticed that my word wrap would only work for columns A-Z, but AA and beyond would not keep my word wrap from the template in the final output document. However, things such as column width on AA did make it into my final document. I do not believe my Environment has the latest version of the Plugin, to be clear. Just wanted to share this anecdote, as formats of files tend to require extensive unit testing for these strange edge cases.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to jamesm881

In Export SQL to Excel Smart service of the Excel Tools, we have a parameter named "Wrap_text" of type text - multiple,
    by passing the column names for which you need text wrapping. you can achieve the word wrap.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Hemnath Soundarrajan
    by passing the column names for which you need text wrapping. you can achieve the word wrap.

Note that this was only added within the latest few versions of Excel Tools, before Export SQL to Excel was suddenly deprecated and removed just like Export CDT to Excel was previously.  Therefore currently there is no "officially supported" way of doing this for anyone who doesn't happen to have Excel Tools version 2.0.0 or so.  Just like there is currently no "officially supported" way of using an Excel Base Template when exporting anything to Excel, since they didn't include this functionality in Export DSE to Excel, for whatever reason.