Public plug-in source code repository

I believe I have found a great inefficiency in how plug-ins are developed and updated both within Forum/Community and out.

There are times when a bug is found in a plug-in or an upgrade to Appian reveals a change that is required to a plug-in.

On many occasions I've had to update a plug-in from Forum/Community by simply downloading the plug-in, extracting the source files from it, creating a new project within my IDE and make my changes.  While those changes are being made, the original plug-in on Forum/Community is update by another developer from another partner.

Taking that into account, I cannot submit my fixes to Forum/Community without re-downloading the plug-in and searching for the changes to integrate into my own work, this is not something that would be considered time well spent on a given project considering that the immediate need to my project has been met, thus, requiring that the plug-in, the packages within and configuration files are changed to the point it becomes an entirely new plug-in and can be only used by the project that required the change to begin with.

My question/request is that public source code repository, like GitHub be utilized to store the source code and any changes that are made so a simple pull and merge can be done to incorporate all changes made across all partners and developers.

What is the likelihood that this is possible or even authorized by Appian to achieve?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children