PDF From Docx Plugin not working for Docx with around 3200 pages

Hi All,

I have a scenario where the Docx created dynamically have around 3200 pages. The conversion of XML to Docx using Smart Service "Docx from Dynamic Template" worked fine and Docx got created. But later when I passed this Docx to Smart Service "PDF from Docx" to get a PDF the node got stuck for almost 15-20  minutes and environment got too slow as well. Later I received an error saying "Node Timeout".

Do someone knows about a different plugin to convert Docx to PDF which can accept large amount of pages(about 3500) or any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Also If someone knows a plugin to split the Docx on bases of number of pages, please let me know.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Inder,

do you still have the problem?
    What I recommend when facing this kind of issues is “divide and conquer” to do that here are some options:

- try to create the whole document in pieces, the processing of that smart service must be consuming the
    - what if you create the pdf from an XSLFO? that one for sure you will be able to split. The execution of this transformation is more cleaner/native to java API’s rather than transforming a huge DOCX(Xml) which requieres extra libraries.
    - maybe looping a little of some MNI can help.

After this splitting you will need to merge all the documents in one, to do that there’s a smart service to join all the PDFs generated in the “pdf tools” shared component.

As a last thing you can do is, during the execution, check the logs and see if there is a problem, maybe you have a memory out of bounds that will cause a java program not able to return an status.

I hope this helps

Jose Perez
  • Hi,

I think you can split your PDF document into multiple files and merge all the files into single one using Extract PDF pages smart service in PDF tools plugin.
Reply Children
No Data