Deployment Automation Manager

We are trying to use the Deployment Automation Scripts.  When we try to execute:deploy-application.bat -application_path "Ben E TestDeployment.zip" -username xxxxxxx -password xxxxxx -url "https://xxxxxx.appiancloud.com/suite"

We get the following response:

2018-02-15 12:22:26,298 - Port set to 443
2018-02-15 12:22:49,226 - org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect
 to xxxxxxxx.appiancloud.com:443 [xxxxxxxxx.appiancloud.com/xx.xx.xxx.xxx]
failed: Connection timed out: connect

The 'x's above are redacted values for security.

Any thoughts?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Can you please post the full error message....just trying to see if it has to do with SSL...for doing deployment automation you need to have the SSL cert from the appiancloud jboss server to your local machine's java JDK's JVM....
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to aswinb608
    Hi Aswin, can you please let me know how we can obtain this SSl cert into our local machine?
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to viishweshs
    On your appian server where jboss/weblogic is running you have to do the following:

Navigate to the folder of java jdk install. For instance on my windows machine...I navigated to : C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\jre\lib\security. Then execute the below command:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\jre\bin\keytool -exportcert -alias hostname(mentioned inside custom.properties) -file hostname.cer -storepass changeit -keystore C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\jre\lib\security\cacerts

Then scp this file hostname.cer file to the server where you are running Deployment automation manager batch file.

Then in the java jdk folder:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\jre\lib\security

keytool -import -alias hostname(of that server mentioned in custom.properties) -keystore cacerts -file hostname.cer

After this both machines will be able to do SSL handshake.
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to viishweshs
    On your appian server where jboss/weblogic is running you have to do the following:

Navigate to the folder of java jdk install. For instance on my windows machine...I navigated to : C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\jre\lib\security. Then execute the below command:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\jre\bin\keytool -exportcert -alias hostname(mentioned inside custom.properties) -file hostname.cer -storepass changeit -keystore C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\jre\lib\security\cacerts

Then scp this file hostname.cer file to the server where you are running Deployment automation manager batch file.

Then in the java jdk folder:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\jre\lib\security

keytool -import -alias hostname(of that server mentioned in custom.properties) -keystore cacerts -file hostname.cer

After this both machines will be able to do SSL handshake.
Children