Export foreign characters to PDF?

Hi All,

I am using the Export to PDF smart service and my data contains foreign characters such as Russian, Chinese, etc. However, when the export generates the foreign characters are being written to the PDF as "#". To elaborate we use Export to Word then convert to PDF. 

Does anyone have a workaround to get foreign characters into a PDF using Export to PDF?

Thanks in advance...

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Jaker,

I don't have an specific workaround but I saw this error before and there are ideas you can look at.
    - When converting to PDF the library does not support the font (or the font itself doesn't contains that character)
    - Try to use a font and charset available all around (DOC, Appian, PDF Converter)
    - The encoding is not well specified,
    - Does the word document displays the special characters properly?

Finally is you struggle too much I recommend consider the XSL-FO transformation with that you have little more control over this kind of things and additional you can control your pdf.

Jose
  • Thanks for the response. I have tried defining the encoding within the HTML tags when generating the XML file but it doesnt seem to work. Would the encoding be something I configure in the PDF template before generating?
Reply Children
No Data