Import CSV to Database not able to insert data for date field

Hi All,

I am using Import CSV to Database smart service to insert data to Oracle DB and Data is inserting as expected if table doesn't contain date field. But my table is having date field for that I am getting following error.

Date Format must be one of the following 'yyyy-MM-dd', 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss', 'HH:mm:Ss'

Where I tried with every option

"2018-10-10"

'2018-10-10'

10/10/2018

these three option I have tried to send data from XL.

Please help me with this

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Sorry I haven't replied earlier,

The databases normally perform really good when processing information. The other day I was thinking that maybe you can transform the information with a trigger while inserting it In case you don't want to load information and then executing a store procedure.

If i had to implement this I would pick the option to first bulk the information to a table and then run a stored Procedure, because this is little more flexible and maybe you will be able to debug easier or add extra processing in case is needed.

BTW I am curious, how huge is huge?

Jose
  • Hi , thanks for info. The data will be 35000 records with 5 columns .
    My issue resolved like if I format the CSV file column with date and with following format 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:MM:SS '
    Where I understood from a Oracle db guy that in Oracle date means date and time , and dateTime means date and time with timestamp. So with this plugin if we send the data as date and time , then it's working fine.