Need to make the required text bold

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I'm creating an excel file via Export CDT To Excel smart service. The document is also generating in a proper way but as per my CDT, We have one field identifying the scope of data whether it is required or not. Now, If the data is required then I want to make that values Bold and if it is not then it should be in normal font. Can someone have any suggestion for this? Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    in reply to Arpit Bhargava
    Hello Arpit,

Thanks for your reply but I didn't get it, Actually I'm using just an excel sheet as a template without having any data or validation inside it. Lets say I add one field in the template then how do i make the text bold or normal based on my current CDT because there might be multiple fields which are required or not, I'm totally confused. Sorry but can you elaborate something more or provide any such good examples?
Children
  • Hi Vivek,

What I want to say,
    1. Create a temporary CDT which will hold one boolean field is required or not.
    2. So when you will generate the excel from the CDT, use the temporary CDT and have this field in the template as well.
    3. Now according to this field let suppose in D block of Excel and and the value for the required field in E, then create a new column F in excel template to have function which will check the true and false and on the basis of that show it as bold in the excel template.

Make sure for F column to add in the temporary CDT as well. and hide the C and D for that.

Please let me know if you understand this
    in reply to Arpit Bhargava
    Hey Arpit,
    Let me explain what I understand. Assume I have below CDT(Original CDT)

CDT:[Label:"ABC", Required:1],
    [Label:"PQR",Required:0],
    [Label:"XYZ", Required:0],
    [Label:"LMN", Required:1]

Where required 1 means needed and 0 means not needed, So the second CDT which I will create for storing true/false would look something like

CDT2:[Required:true],
    [Required:false],
    [Required:false],
    [Required:true],

Because my original CDT has 1st and 4th field as required, So it would be True,False,False and True.

Now I will export both the fields in excel i.e Column "Label" from my original CDT and column "Required" from another CDT. After moving the value in excel sheet, I will place it like

ABC true
    PQR false
    XYZ false
    LMN true

and I will use excel function to check the values in other column. If it is true, I will make the Label Bold and if its not I will keep it in a normal font. Did I understood the concept correctly?