Deprecated API's and how to find the relevant Function / Smart Service

We're running on the Cloud and we've previously installed a lot of plug ins to our environments. 

Some of those plug ins are now reporting as being Deprecated in the Healthcheck reports which we run weekly. (XX plug-ins are using Appian APIs that are deprecated, private or have been removed. Plug-ins using APIs that have been removed from the latest Appian version will fail to function after an upgrade. Plug-ins using private APIs are not supported and risk breaking during an upgrade or between hotfixes. Plug-ins using deprecated APIs require refactoring to use alternative APIs as they will be removed and stop working in a future release. Contact Appian Professional Services for assistance updating a plug-in when expertise is not already available.) 

I've been hunting around the files that the healthcheck produces and have found that 

hc-plugins - lists all plug ins installed in the environment, listing the plug in version and an indication of the type of object the plug in exposes - function (ExpressionFunctionModuleDescriptor), smart service (SmartServiceModuleDescriptor), servlet (ServletModuleDescriptor) , data type (DatatypeModuleDescriptor) amongst others.

and ... 

hc-plugin-apis

lists the plug ins and their methods. Searching this file for the deprecated API mentioned in the Healthcheck finds a match. 

BUT ... I cannot find an association to link the deprecated API back to the function / smart service that is invoking it behind the scenes. 

I'm trying to ascertain if the entire plug in has been deprecated or if its just elements (certain functions or smart services) that have been deprecated. 

We have limited (ie very basic java skills) and I'm desperately trying to avoid downloading each plug in from the AppMarket to see where the API method is called ... is there an "easy" way of finding this information out ? 

Many thanks in advance 

Paul CB

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data