Conditional hide of a row in dynamic doc generation

Hi all,

I want to conditionally hide a row from the document getting dynamically generated. If the field of addressLine2 is blank then I don't want that row to be shown as a blank row in the document generated.

Regards

Ekansh Jain

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Ekansh,

As a suggestion I recommend to create all the logic and decisions(as much as possible in Appian) that way our docx just focus on rendering and it does not contain logic.
    For example instead of using 2 variables just use 1 which concatenate the strings and adds one “\r\n” or a char(10) in case the second line exists

But if you still need to handle the render on the DOCX In a previous post I tried to explain how to implement those conditionals here is the link
    community.appian.com/.../docx-from-dynamic-template
    (Which is mostly what Jaya comments with little more details)

Hope this helps

Jose
  • Hello Ekansh,

As a suggestion I recommend to create all the logic and decisions(as much as possible in Appian) that way our docx just focus on rendering and it does not contain logic.
    For example instead of using 2 variables just use 1 which concatenate the strings and adds one “\r\n” or a char(10) in case the second line exists

But if you still need to handle the render on the DOCX In a previous post I tried to explain how to implement those conditionals here is the link
    community.appian.com/.../docx-from-dynamic-template
    (Which is mostly what Jaya comments with little more details)

Hope this helps

Jose
Children
No Data