Query on Base64 Document Database Integration plugin

Hi All,

I am using Base64 Document Database Integration plugin to read base64 encrypted String and convert it to appian document. The base64 string is roughly 90,000 character long which I'll have to push to database (Appian cloud database), Appian CDT supports maximum size of 66,000 characters and Cloud database supports varchar till 10000 characters. How do we push the document to Appian database as a base64 string for it to be read by the smart-service in the next step?

Thanks,

Arjun

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Arjun -

When you transfer documents to your cloud database, you won't use a CDT.

The plugin smart service parameter for both insert document and query document should be SQL, and not a CDT reference.

Essentially, it's " take this doc id and intsert it into this database table" AND "select this base64 sting (document) and put it in this target folder".

OR

--to retrieve the document using Get Base64 Document from Database node
    "select base64 from myschema.mytable where docid = '"& pv!docid&"'"

--to put a document in the database
    ="insert into myschema.mytable VALUES (:documentId, :title)"
    -- where documentId and title are node input parameters that you set in the smart service itself

To address the large size of your base64 string in your cloud mySQL database, create a table with a column of type longtext or longblob.  
    Either should have enough capacity.

• Hi Robert,

Thanks for the information. I just had another query - We receive the document from a payload in form of base64 string which we are required to convert to a document and dump it in Appian's Knowledge center. Is this action supported by this plugin?

The payload to trigger Appian process (exposed as a Web API) is as follows:

{

"clientId":"Abc",

"base64Document":"<Base64 String>",

"documentExtension":"docx"

}

Thanks,
    Arjun