Cannot find plugins in APPMarket

Hi all,

We have a big list of plugins that  were downloaded from the Forum but when I go to the AppMarket I cant find them. I cant even download any plugin. I am using my personal community account which I believe is very basic. Do I need an account from an Appian partner? A colleague from mine has one but he cant find/download the plugins either. Does the account need to specific rights?

As an example I cant find in the Appian Market AddOrUpdateUserProfile

Many thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • But if I search for 'AddOrUpdateUserProfile' nothing comes up. The plugin exists and is public. The same happens for the other plugins.

And moreover, how can I check if I plugin is compatible with Appian 18.3? It seems that the description of the plugins is not usually updated when a new Appian version comes up. We have 68 plugins in Appian 7.2 and want to migrate to the latest versions but we need to check if the plugins are compatible. Should I raise a ticket with the list of plugins?
  • 1) The AppMarket is visible to everyone but in order to download plug-ins and other free apps you need be associated with a customer or partner. You can do this from your Community user profile page.

2) To search the AppMarket please search by functionality rather than the name of the plug-in jar. There is this listing related to updating the user profile:
    community.appian.com/.../update-user-profile-advanced-plug-in

3) Plug-ins and other apps do get removed from the AppMarket if they are no longer relevant due to OOTB features or the functionality provided by them has been deprecated. If you need a plug-in that used to exist on the AppMarket (or previously Shared Components) you will need to request that via a Support case. Depending on the nature of the request and the plug-in they may be able to provide it to you or help point you to the new OOTB functionality etc.

4) Plug-in compatibility is updated when the author or another user provides an update to the AppMarket indicating that it was tested successfully on a newer version. In many cases users continue to use the plug-ins on a later version but don't necessarily report compatibility back. When you upgrade , pLease test the plug-in on your environment to make sure it is working as intended.

5) Run the Appian Health Check on your environment. That will provide you information if any plug-ins are using removed, private or deprecated Appian APIs.
  • Thanks Sanchita, the answer is very good. I am also now finding the plugins search by funcionality instead of by the plugin name
Reply Children
No Data