Error in Login Information parser plugin

Hello guys, I created a process that uses the Login Information Parser smart service. I created the table in an Oracle database with the script below and then I ran the process without specifying a date and also specifying a date. In both instances, the server logs is showing the error:

20:06:52,460 ERROR [stderr] (Appian Work Item - 12585 - ProcessExec01 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest) java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01843: not a valid month

Seems to me like the plugin has a defect. Am I missing anything?

CREATE TABLE logins
(
   "date"           DATE,
   "time"           TIMESTAMP (9),
   "lineNumber"     NUMBER (10, 0),
   "isValidLogin"   NUMBER (1, 0),
   "username"       VARCHAR2 (100 CHAR),
   "ipaddress"      VARCHAR2 (20 CHAR),
   CONSTRAINT "SUPPLIER_UNIQUE" UNIQUE
      ("lineNumber")
      USING INDEX PCTFREE 10
                  INITRANS 2
                  MAXTRANS 255
                  COMPUTE STATISTICS
                  STORAGE (INITIAL 65536
                           NEXT 1048576
                           MINEXTENTS 1
                           MAXEXTENTS 2147483645
                           PCTINCREASE 0
                           FREELISTS 1
                           FREELIST GROUPS 1
                           BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT
                           FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT
                           CELL_FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT)
                  TABLESPACE "USERS"
      ENABLE
)
SEGMENT CREATION IMMEDIATE
PCTFREE 10
PCTUSED 40
INITRANS 1
MAXTRANS 255
NOCOMPRESS
LOGGING
STORAGE (INITIAL 65536
         NEXT 1048576
         MINEXTENTS 1
         MAXEXTENTS 2147483645
         PCTINCREASE 0
         FREELISTS 1
         FREELIST GROUPS 1
         BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT
         FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT
         CELL_FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT)
TABLESPACE "USERS";

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi

Based on the error code you have provided (ORA-01843) i can only suspect on the data being passed to insert into the Database. Because this happens when You input a date, but the month portion of the date was not a valid month.

Means, Month within the date should pass in any of these following formats:
    (1) January (2) Jan

Also i would recommend you to insert a row into this table manually where the Date value format will be same as passed by the Process Model, i believe you should get the same error, while doing this manual insert via Oracle Command line. And if so, then try using TO_DATE function and if this works out, means you need to do some manipulation before persisting the rows into the DB via Appian.

Also as per my understanding, your Date columns are Nullable, hence when you do not specify the date value, then it's should not break, could you please verify that NULL only is being sent when you do not specify the Date Value.

Hope this will help you to debug this.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi

Based on the error code you have provided (ORA-01843) i can only suspect on the data being passed to insert into the Database. Because this happens when You input a date, but the month portion of the date was not a valid month.

Means, Month within the date should pass in any of these following formats:
    (1) January (2) Jan

Also i would recommend you to insert a row into this table manually where the Date value format will be same as passed by the Process Model, i believe you should get the same error, while doing this manual insert via Oracle Command line. And if so, then try using TO_DATE function and if this works out, means you need to do some manipulation before persisting the rows into the DB via Appian.

Also as per my understanding, your Date columns are Nullable, hence when you do not specify the date value, then it's should not break, could you please verify that NULL only is being sent when you do not specify the Date Value.

Hope this will help you to debug this.
Children
No Data