Can "Empty Folder" Plugin be used with Appian 18.2 as it has not been updated since 2012?

A Score Level 1

I have a requirement to bulk delete documents from a folder. As i searched forum i came across "Empty Folder" Plugin but it has not been updated since its launch and i want to be sure if it can be used with 18.2 version of appian. Moreover if we have any newer Plugin which can achive the same task i would be happy to know.  

Here is the link to the Empty Folder Plugin:

community.appian.com/.../empty-folder

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    I would recommend reaching out to the author of the plugin and asking if it is compatible with 18.2. One thing you can also try is to install the plugin in a Dev environment and run an Appian Health Check to see if it flags any removed, private, or deprecated APIs. If not, I would assume it still works in 18.2 but of course would recommend testing it fairly thoroughly.

Thanks,
    Dan
  • Many plug-ins continue to work on later versions of Appian as long as they aren't using any removed or deprecated APIs. On the AppMarket, plug-in compatibility is only updated when the author or another user provides an update to the AppMarket indicating that it was tested successfully on a newer version. In many cases users continue to use the plug-ins on a later version but don't necessarily report compatibility back. It is recommended that users test all plug-ins and applications in their environment to make sure it is working as intended.

Therefore, I agree with daniell's response and recommend you deploy it on your Dev environment, run the health check and test it out.