Encryption of Image document

Hi ,

Is there any smart service or Plugin in appian for encrypting and decrypting image document (encrypted data to be saved into DB)?Please let me know since i have not worked with encryption concepts.

The documents size will be in some KB.

Thanks in advance.

PradeepB

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Pradeep,

I have to say that personally it wouldn’t be my first choice to store a file into the DB.

Are you completely sure you want to store images into the DB? Would it be an option just to encrypt them in the file system along with all the other files? If you are in the cloud you have the BYOK.
    docs.appian.com/.../byok.html
    If you are worried about some people accessing documents this can be in combination with the folder security restricting the access to the designers for example.

Some thought, When encrypting text you don’t know the actual size of the text but it increase, talking about KB that sounds like it could be a huge one. Then when reading the file again.

I would think you can create a zip file with a password,
    Is that an option?

forum.appian.com/.../summary

Or using the PGP encrypt

Or in Amazon

With all this options if you insist then after creating the file you can use something like the RDBMS utility shared component.

Hope this helps
    Jose
  • Hello Pradeep,

I have to say that personally it wouldn’t be my first choice to store a file into the DB.

Are you completely sure you want to store images into the DB? Would it be an option just to encrypt them in the file system along with all the other files? If you are in the cloud you have the BYOK.
    docs.appian.com/.../byok.html
    If you are worried about some people accessing documents this can be in combination with the folder security restricting the access to the designers for example.

Some thought, When encrypting text you don’t know the actual size of the text but it increase, talking about KB that sounds like it could be a huge one. Then when reading the file again.

I would think you can create a zip file with a password,
    Is that an option?

Or using the PGP encrypt

Or in Amazon

With all this options if you insist then after creating the file you can use something like the RDBMS utility shared component.

Hope this helps
    Jose
Children