Encryption of Image document

Hi ,

Is there any smart service or Plugin in appian for encrypting and decrypting image document (encrypted data to be saved into DB)?Please let me know since i have not worked with encryption concepts.

The documents size will be in some KB.

Thanks in advance.

PradeepB

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In Appian storing encrypted data needs customized plug-in because Appian will support data types which can be declared in the CDT. If you want to store the encrypted text in to the text data type, Appian text data type allows maximum 66000 characters. So we have to create a custom plug-in which will encrypt the file and store its BLOB characters in to the table field.

Another way is to use PGP, which will create encryption document and decryption document. This can be stored in the folders instead of sql table. We can store the document ID in the tables to track the documents.

As I tried the PGP, its raising error while decryption though its being configured correctly.
  • In Appian storing encrypted data needs customized plug-in because Appian will support data types which can be declared in the CDT. If you want to store the encrypted text in to the text data type, Appian text data type allows maximum 66000 characters. So we have to create a custom plug-in which will encrypt the file and store its BLOB characters in to the table field.

Another way is to use PGP, which will create encryption document and decryption document. This can be stored in the folders instead of sql table. We can store the document ID in the tables to track the documents.

As I tried the PGP, its raising error while decryption though its being configured correctly.
Children
No Data