getDataSubsetDownloadLinkFromProcess (v1.2) plugin deprecation

Post Appian latest upgrade 19.1, getDataSubsetDownloadLinkFromProcess (v1.2.0) plugin is getting deprecated. Does this mean that it will not at all support the use of getDataSubsetDownloadLinkFromProcess function? If it does how long would Appian support it, and if not what is the replacement for function getDataSubsetDownloadLinkFromProcess  in excel tools plugin?

Thanks in advance,

Arti

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Deprecated means you will be able to use it, but Appian could change something that can can affect the functionality(now or in the future) or Appian have seen too much problems when using it that is discouraging the community of using that plugin.

In my personal opinion I don’t like that plugin, it is nice giving the user the option to click and get the download right away, but that has a quick drawback, if the process takes too much time then it fails. So, we need to be careful.

Another thought is that Appian has its own way to create templates so it is better to use the OOTB options.

They can (but not always) provide an alternative it it. But I am not sure right now if there is something.

Hope this helps

Jose

• Deprecated means you will be able to use it, but Appian could change something that can can affect the functionality(now or in the future) or Appian have seen too much problems when using it that is discouraging the community of using that plugin.

In my personal opinion I don’t like that plugin, it is nice giving the user the option to click and get the download right away, but that has a quick drawback, if the process takes too much time then it fails. So, we need to be careful.

Another thought is that Appian has its own way to create templates so it is better to use the OOTB options.

They can (but not always) provide an alternative it it. But I am not sure right now if there is something.

Hope this helps

Jose

Children