Preview Docx, Doc, xls etc in Browser

Hi, we are currently having Appian developed by a third party, and have come across an issue where we cannot preview any office docs in the browser (Edge/Chrome). We can preview .pdf's. 

Our developer is saying we needs to install some plugins for this functionality to work. Can anyone share their experience of this and offer any recommendations?

We are using 19.2

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Assuming that you're trying to use the Document Viewer Component released in 18.3, it looks like it has to do entirely with your browser configurations.  There's nothing in the Appian product that can change what Chrome does by default, you need other software built to change what Chrome does by default.

Ultimately, Appian serves content to your browser or mobile device, and that code then decides what to do with the content Appian provides before displaying it to you.

Docs Online Viewer comes as the best rated Chrome extension, though depending on your use case you may want to further vet out the security of that extension.  Lots of 5 star reviews.

I personally don't ever use Edge for anything, so I can't make any recommendations there.

Certified Lead Developer

Assuming that you're trying to use the Document Viewer Component released in 18.3, it looks like it has to do entirely with your browser configurations.  There's nothing in the Appian product that can change what Chrome does by default, you need other software built to change what Chrome does by default.

Ultimately, Appian serves content to your browser or mobile device, and that code then decides what to do with the content Appian provides before displaying it to you.

Docs Online Viewer comes as the best rated Chrome extension, though depending on your use case you may want to further vet out the security of that extension.  Lots of 5 star reviews.

I personally don't ever use Edge for anything, so I can't make any recommendations there.

Children
No Data