Creating HyperLink in DOCX Dynamic Template

Hi All,

I am trying to find a way where I can add a hyperlink calling an external URL using the XML Data Model . I tried using XLinks and other alternatives but I could not render it in the document.

So if anyone could assist me in creating a hyperlink would be great!.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

If you look at the underlying XML within a Word document (i.e. with a link previously added), you will find that links work really weirdly.  Any given hyperlink has a pointer to a link referenced in a completely different file within the .docx zip package.  I don't know of any straightforward way to add dynamic new ones to this structure, other than deconstructing the zip file, pulling out the references file, manually editing it, re-adding it to the zip package, etc.  It would be a lot of work before even figuring out whether it would actually work.  Overall I recommend taking a different approach if at all possible.

• Thanks Mike, I guess I would have to use HTML templates then. Actually the objective was to create a business card which has an image and links pointing to various external sites. As I wanted an image , I opted to use the dynamic DOCX template because outlook was finding it diffcult to display data using HTML and email smart service. So the last option I had was creating the business card in DOCX , the links in an HTML, zipping them together to download a zip file and then the user can manually copy the contents from both those documents into the outlook signature.

• Thanks Mike, I guess I would have to use HTML templates then. Actually the objective was to create a business card which has an image and links pointing to various external sites. As I wanted an image , I opted to use the dynamic DOCX template because outlook was finding it diffcult to display data using HTML and email smart service. So the last option I had was creating the business card in DOCX , the links in an HTML, zipping them together to download a zip file and then the user can manually copy the contents from both those documents into the outlook signature.

Children
No Data