Copy file generated in Appian process to Appian server

Hi ,

I want to place a csv file generated by an Appian process on the same Appian server location/path .This file is for another system to consume.

Is the SFTP plugin the correct way of implementing or any other ways of implementing this.

Thank you.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Mike's suggestion would be the best way to implement what you described. That may not be the best/most efficient way to transfer files/data, but you would need to provide more detail if you want alternative suggestions. Using the download file to disk plugin won't work if your install is an Appian Cloud instance and you may want to consider placing the files somewhere other than your install directory. I doubt you want to enable external system access to your install location.

Does the csv file transfer have to be a pull from your Appian install? If it can be a push and you have a FTP server available, you are probably better off using the SFTP smart service. It will be Appian Cloud compatible, will reduce access/security concerns of opening your install file path.

Certified Lead Developer

Mike's suggestion would be the best way to implement what you described. That may not be the best/most efficient way to transfer files/data, but you would need to provide more detail if you want alternative suggestions. Using the download file to disk plugin won't work if your install is an Appian Cloud instance and you may want to consider placing the files somewhere other than your install directory. I doubt you want to enable external system access to your install location.

Does the csv file transfer have to be a pull from your Appian install? If it can be a push and you have a FTP server available, you are probably better off using the SFTP smart service. It will be Appian Cloud compatible, will reduce access/security concerns of opening your install file path.

Children
No Data