Deprecated Plugin Appian APIs

Certified Senior Developer

Hi All,

Recently i have taken the health check report of my production environment, In that i found some plugins are showing as high risk of using it, due to the deprecated appian APIs. But still they are working. We are planning for an upgrade of 20.1, so we are bit worried that this plugins will fail to work after the up gradation activity. Any ideas on this, how to overcome this challange?

Please find the screen shot for example.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna Uppalapati.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The best way to check if a deprecated API has been removed is to check the release notes. In this case, I don't see any removed APIs in the 20.1 release notes, so it should be fine. That being said, sometimes APIs are deprecated simply because a more efficient API is added or a new plugin has more functions / smart services available. I'd suggest checking the version of the plugin on your site and compare it to the version on the app market. If there is a newer version, you could probably upgrade the plugin and it would eliminate this message.

• The best way to check if a deprecated API has been removed is to check the release notes. In this case, I don't see any removed APIs in the 20.1 release notes, so it should be fine. That being said, sometimes APIs are deprecated simply because a more efficient API is added or a new plugin has more functions / smart services available. I'd suggest checking the version of the plugin on your site and compare it to the version on the app market. If there is a newer version, you could probably upgrade the plugin and it would eliminate this message.

Children
No Data