To read Excel XLSM file

Hi  , 

I have requirement to read from excel file (XLSM) only the values in the excel sheets. If I use the Read Excel Plugin I can read the functions or formula used in rows and columns but not actual value . Is there any option to read the values instead of associated functions or formula. I have also tried with excel interface functions but didn't work . 

Thanks in advance 

Akash 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Akash,

when I use the Read Excel Plugin, I see the value that is being returned by the formula. I tested this with sum() on an Excel file that I saved as *.xlsm. So this works, in principle.

Can you give us some more insight into when and with which formulae the error occurs? It might well be something that is difficult to replicate in testing, depending on how the macro functionalities of Excel are used in your sheet.

Cheers

• Hi Akash,

when I use the Read Excel Plugin, I see the value that is being returned by the formula. I tested this with sum() on an Excel file that I saved as *.xlsm. So this works, in principle.

Can you give us some more insight into when and with which formulae the error occurs? It might well be something that is difficult to replicate in testing, depending on how the macro functionalities of Excel are used in your sheet.

Cheers

Children