SFTP Plugin - Connection Check

Hi All,

Im trying to invoke SFTP smart services plugin. Is there a way to check if the connection is successful without executing the smart service?? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Arun,

If I understood you correct you want to check the network connectivity ? To check if the port is open and everything?

I am assuming you have basic authentication so you have multiple options

1) put a wrong password of you don’t have connection issue it will fail because the use and passwords are incorrect

2) ask for a user how has limited access that way you can confirm the connectivity and it is just a matter of configuring the correct user/password

3) just to check connectivity I have used the integration rule which points to the ftp ip:port using the http protocol. If it fails on handshake (wrong protocol) or something similar you mostly have a successful network connectivity.

Other than that, get the approvals and evidence well run it once and confirm you have right connectivity with a different process model for example to by getting the list of files in a directory(that is another smart service) But at certain point you will need to run it.

Thanks

Jose

• Hello Arun,

If I understood you correct you want to check the network connectivity ? To check if the port is open and everything?

I am assuming you have basic authentication so you have multiple options

1) put a wrong password of you don’t have connection issue it will fail because the use and passwords are incorrect

2) ask for a user how has limited access that way you can confirm the connectivity and it is just a matter of configuring the correct user/password

3) just to check connectivity I have used the integration rule which points to the ftp ip:port using the http protocol. If it fails on handshake (wrong protocol) or something similar you mostly have a successful network connectivity.

Other than that, get the approvals and evidence well run it once and confirm you have right connectivity with a different process model for example to by getting the list of files in a directory(that is another smart service) But at certain point you will need to run it.

Thanks

Jose

Children
No Data