How does updating a plugin affects the dependent objects?

If we upgrade a plugin to the latest version and we are using smart services related to this plugin in process models. How will it affect the process model?

Will it automatically be reflected on the process model smart services or we need to update anything in process model as well?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Minor version increments add functionality that is compatible with prior versions of the plug-in. Major version increments will not be compatible with prior versions of the plug-in.

From Appian documentation here: https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/21.1/versioning.html

"When you deploy a new minor version of your connected system, Appian automatically starts using the new version in all connected system and integration objects. Designers don't need to take any action to update existing interfaces unless they want to take advantage of new functionality."

Definitely go through and run some testing, but as long as your plug-in upgrade is just going up in minor version you should be fine.  

• Thank you so much for your response. 

Actually my question is specific to 'Sharepoint Document Integration' plugin, which got upgraded to version 1.4.4 from version 1.4.3 on 13-Ap-2021 as per the appmarket.

And 'Get Document from SharePoint 2010' and 'Push Document into SharePoint 2010' smart services related to this plugin have been used in process model. So if I will upgrade the above plugin from version 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, How will it affect the related smart services and other objects?

• Thank you so much for your response. 

Actually my question is specific to 'Sharepoint Document Integration' plugin, which got upgraded to version 1.4.4 from version 1.4.3 on 13-Ap-2021 as per the appmarket.

And 'Get Document from SharePoint 2010' and 'Push Document into SharePoint 2010' smart services related to this plugin have been used in process model. So if I will upgrade the above plugin from version 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, How will it affect the related smart services and other objects?

Children
No Data