Regex Expression

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All , 

How to use Regular Expression for Validation .

I am getting this Error :

Expression evaluation error at function 'regexMatch': The function 'regexmatch' is unavailable.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I highly recommend that you look through the documentation, particularly the set of Text Functions which can be found here:  docs.appian.com/.../Appian_Functions.html

One of my biggest pet peeves going back to the original Appian Forums is how frequently everyone jumps at the chance to suggest "REGEX!" despite the fact that there's almost always a far more simple and lightweight (and possibly faster) out of the box Appian function that does the exact same thing without having to download and then learn the regex plugin.  The chances that you can do it without even needing regex are pretty high.

Certified Lead Developer

I highly recommend that you look through the documentation, particularly the set of Text Functions which can be found here:  docs.appian.com/.../Appian_Functions.html

One of my biggest pet peeves going back to the original Appian Forums is how frequently everyone jumps at the chance to suggest "REGEX!" despite the fact that there's almost always a far more simple and lightweight (and possibly faster) out of the box Appian function that does the exact same thing without having to download and then learn the regex plugin.  The chances that you can do it without even needing regex are pretty high.

Children
No Data