Export SQL to EXCEL

Hi Experts,

Earlier we were using Export SQL to Excel for generating the Excel from the db having 387 columns.

This particular service has got deprecated, how can we get this undepreciated or if there is any other workaround to generate the same.

Tried using Export Data Store Entity to Excel but it not working beyond 50 columns, when trying to break the colomn into set of 50 and then trying to right in next 50 column the previous column data is getting deleted.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I honestly think that the real problem, much as you might not want to admit it, is that you have a database table with 387 columns.

I really wish there was a way to write 387 in all caps.  387!  That's beyond incomprehensible.  That should be about 7 or 8 tables.  The reason export to excel is limited to 50 columns is because you really should be limited to 50 columns too.  I think Appian might be justified in upping the cap to 100, for those cases where one table has to go 65 or even 78, but no one should ever actually reach the cap of 100 columns in a single table.

You are going to face problems of all kinds from all sides, and your project is going to be painful to update or maintain, possibly quite painful to use, unless you refactor that.

Certified Lead Developer

I honestly think that the real problem, much as you might not want to admit it, is that you have a database table with 387 columns.

I really wish there was a way to write 387 in all caps.  387!  That's beyond incomprehensible.  That should be about 7 or 8 tables.  The reason export to excel is limited to 50 columns is because you really should be limited to 50 columns too.  I think Appian might be justified in upping the cap to 100, for those cases where one table has to go 65 or even 78, but no one should ever actually reach the cap of 100 columns in a single table.

You are going to face problems of all kinds from all sides, and your project is going to be painful to update or maintain, possibly quite painful to use, unless you refactor that.

Children
No Data